Sunday, May 3, 2015

currently.

I found a new challenge blog called Challenge YOUrself and their latest challenge was "around here." Now I'm not normally a selfie taker, but I did happen to take one before work the other day (I was trying out some new eyeliner + mascara). So I printed that photo off and grabbed one of my currently cards.

This layout came together pretty quickly + I got to use some things from my stash that I haven't yet used! I used the MFT file folder die cuts and TCW silhouette script mask. I used distress ink blending on the mask and I cut out the file folders from scraps of paper. Also for the first time... mirror banners from DCWV. I grabbed these on impulse from Joann.com one day and I think they are adorable! I inked up one of my favorite Unity stamps ever, ever and die cut some feathers randomly to tuck those in.

Thanks so much for looking! :)

supplies
die cuts: Kelly Purkey (feathers); My Favorite Things (File Folders); 
die cut machine: Spellbinders Grand Calibur
stencil: The Crafter's Workshop (Silhouette Script)
inks: StazOn (claret) ; Tim Holtz Distress Ink (barn door, festive berries, worn lipstick)
pen: Sakura Identi-Pen
shaped clip: The Paper Studio
mirror banners: Die Cuts with a View
stamp: Unity Stamp Co Christy Tomlinson (SHE-art print texture)
vellum: Die Cuts with a View

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome Ashley! Well done! Love your design and so glad you found us :D Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Jess said...

Great layout! I love everything that's going on in it. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a wonderful layout and photo of you, Ashley! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! Happy you found us!!!

Tracy P said...

Love your design and great colors. Your journaling is right on too. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

Shelly said...

Awesome layout!

Leslie Germain said...

Fabulous page and picture!!