Sunday, May 3, 2015

home tour: my scrapbook room.

May is a fun month because it marks 1.5 year point in my house. I shared the one year updates and hopefully will have tons more to share at the 2 year mark!

Today I'm going to share a tour of my scrapbook room/office. These photos were taken in March and it has already changed since then. I haven't made it to Ikea yet, but it's still on the list! I recently purchased a rug from Target and I am looking for an Ott Light for better lighting in here.

This houses mostly my stamps. I have them in all of the fabric bins. One of the fabric bins has my ribbon and twine. The little jars on the far left have Studio Calico and Freckled Fawn wood chips and pieces. The white baskets are from the $1 spot at Target and hold my washi tape. I have a few complete albums scattered around the house in baskets, but the last three year's of albums are here on these shelves.
My Ikea Expedit was purchased off of Craig's List for $125. I have moved and re-arranged things on here about 100 times and it now looks way different from when I took these photos. I am still trying to figure out the best storage solutions for this room.

I prefer a clean, 'everything in its place' look vs what a lot of people have in their scrapbook rooms. I don't want anything out; I like it all put away. I utilize the closet in this room for a lot of my storage. I have 3' wire racks that are packed full of stuff. I actually recently have made room to add one more shelf which will be really nice.
These are my Cricut cartridges, white boxes labeled with what's inside (cards, extra adhesives, etc), my Spellbinder's Grand Calibur (I found on clearance at Meijer for $49!
The wire baskets came from the $1 spot at Target. I actually have four and they hold dies, embossing folders, and DT product/projects.
I hung a peg board in the other half of the closet and all of these wire baskets came from Hobby Lobby. They hold mists, my Grand Calibur plates, and photo paper.
My Cricut is also kept in my closet. Against the south wall of the closet, I found these perfect metal shelving units at Home Goods. I think I'd like to go back for more. They had three colors. They're metal with three "shelves" that are actually more like buckets. They can hold a ton of stuff! So I have paints and mists, as well as ink pads I don't use regularly.
Behind my door I have a shoe pocket full of my punches. I don't have many punches and I don't use them very often either.
You can view the listing photos, my 6 month update and some of the first projects I tackled HERE. Stay tuned for the next room tour!

0 comments: