Thursday, July 21, 2016

Gladys Porter Zoo.

When we were in Texas in May, we made a trip to the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville. We were there for most of the day, it was sunny and almost hot, which makes the most perfect day for me. I love going to zoos. I love seeing all the animals.

When the Bella Blvd Zoo Crew collection came out, I knew I was getting some of the animal print patterned papers, even if I didn't use them for zoo themed pages. Fortunately for me though, I usually visit at least one zoo a year.

I got the embellishment package with the collection, but I typically don't use cartoonsy/baby/cutesy stuff like these animals. I wanted the word/date/labels but not so much the animals, but since I had the whole package I decided to incorporate the ones that were significant to our trip. We watched the giraffes and the alligators and crocodiles for quite some time and we drank amazing lemon shake ups.

If you ever get a chance to visit the GPZ, it is one of my favorites. They have a gorilla exhibit as soon as you walk in the gate and there were no wires or cages between you and the exhibit so you could see them very clearly. You could reach out and touch the flamingoes. I am terrified of birds, but even the bird exhibit was amazing. I love the patterns on the  zebras and I am amazed by the giraffes. I could go on and on, but here is my page. Everything is from the Zoo Crew collection (except one red label, which is Elle's Studio), which made putting together this page a breeze!

I have tons of vacation photos waiting to be scrapbooked but this one is perfect for The Paper Girls challenge this week!  Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Amber Sheaves said...

Oh this is such a fun layout! I love the boldness of it. And especially that it matches your shirt ;) Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge at The Paper Girls!