Saturday, September 10, 2016

road trip.

Last month we went to Green Bay for Packers training camp. We stayed one evening in Chicago and then left the following morning for Green Bay. On the way, we stopped in Milwaukee at the Miller-Coors Brewery for a tour. At the end of the tour, you get three free beer samples. It was a warm, sunny day and they had a band playing oldies music. It was a nice little break from driving.

I used sketch 112 from Sketch N Scrap and the Paper Issues Take 5 September challenge for this page. My 5+ were blue, yellow, red, 2 patterned papers, memorabilia (my bracelet), circles and labels.
I used the Sunny Days collection from Elle's Studio and embellishments from May/June/July/August kits. The striped paper is from the 6x6 paper pad and doesn't line up exactly but I don't think it's too noticeable with the photos at the top of the page that really grab your attention. The cluster of embellishments at the bottom focus your eyes there instead of the mismatched lines.

Anyway, I've done the Budweiser brewery tour in the past and the major perk is the free beer samples, but they're also really interesting tours! You get to see quite a bit and also learn lots about the history and their brand and marketing.
  • Their warehouse stores over 500,000 cases of beer at a time.
  • 1400 bottles of beer are filled per minute.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Lisa in Texas said...

I've done that tour, it is really interesting! Love your layout and the inclusive of the memorabilia, great idea! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

I would have never noticed the paper not matching up until you mentioned it, but no biggie the layout looks wonderful! I love all the details. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

Alicia

blbabe1234 said...

Very pretty! Love the cluster you've got going on at the bottom. Love the papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Lori said...

Such a fun layout! I would have never noticed the striped paper not matching up, either - just thought it was wonky stripes! Love the cluster at the bottom of the page, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Karen said...

The tour sounds fun! You made such a fun layout with pretty and bright papers! (and I totally did not notice the mismatched paper until you mentioned it - the layout is way to interesting to notice) Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Unknown said...

I really like the stars with the stripes! Great cluster of embellishments too! Lovely page! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

Great take on the sketch. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama