Tuesday, September 5, 2017

prison sunset.

This month's single page sketch at Stick It Down was calling to me. I combined it with the September challenge at Creative Embellishments to make this page.

This background page is an ombre navy paper from Pink Paislee's Sweet Freedom collection. I used multiple stamps sets to stamp random words and images in a huge circle on the background. I even heat embossed some of them, all in a huge circle. The circle idea came from the SID sketch.


Creative Embellishment's challenge inspired me to use the different stamp sets, different ink colors, and even to heat emboss some of the stamped images.


Then I used my tiny attacher to adhere this cloud clear cut from Bella Blvd over the top of my background I created.

I added a little nautical star from Creative Embellishments that's been in my stash for a while. I heat embossed it with cerulean embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle.


In the photos, it's really hard to see the design, but this turned out very cool. Not my typical style and that's one of the things I like about it.

For those of you who don't know me, I used to work at a prison. Obviously you can't take your cellphone inside the fence, so I rarely got photos of the sky, but the prison is in the middle of the country and all you can see is sky for miles. In the early mornings and evenings, we got to see some of the most amazing sunrises and sunsets that you can see in a landlocked state. This photo was taken after work from the parking lot one night. There were many negatives about working in that environment, but I believe you can find positive in almost any situation and even behind razor wire, you cannot take away the beauty of a sunrise or a sunset.

Thanks for looking!

supplies
patterned paper: Pink Paislee (Sweet Freedom)
stamps: Elle's Studio; Studio Calico; Unity Stamp Co (SMAK 2014)
ink: Studio Calico; Hero Arts; Tim Holtz distress ink
embossing powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle (Super Thick Black EP461; cerulean EP421)

7 comments:

Krystle said...

Beautiful page! I love the detail. Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments!

Marci said...

that background stamping detail is very cool! Love this unique page! Thanks for joining us at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

France Ringuette said...

Hi Ashley, I really enjoy seeing the clouds over your stamped & embossed background. Thanks for joining our Creative Embellishments challenge this month and best of luck !

Laura Gilhuly said...

Awesome background! Thanks or joining us at Creative Embellishments!

Maggi said...

Great boackgroud, love the stars. Thanks for joining in our Creative Embellishments challenge.

Unknown said...

Great page! Love the fun clouds, typed words, and fab photo! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments September Challenge!

Heather said...

great page, Thanks for joining Creative Embellishments!