Thursday, March 1, 2018

Paper Wings Productions March blog hop!

WELCOME to the Paper Wing Productions Design Team Blog Hop & Giveaway! If you've arrived here from Dana's blog, then you're in the right place. If you’re just stopping by for a visit, please CLICK HERE to start from the beginning.


Are you ready for our March blog hop? The theme for this month is Spring. Is it Spring yet where you are? The design team is sharing their spring themed projects! We hope you will hop through the projects and find inspiration for your own projects. If you complete the hop, you will be eligible to win an awesome prize! 
 The prize is a $25.00 gift certificate to the Paper Wings Productions online store.For a chance to win all you need to do is:
  • be a follower of the Paper Wings Productions blog
  • visit each of the participating designer's blogs and leave a comment
  • come back and leave us a comment on the PWP blog telling us you completed the hop.
To increase your chances of winning: like our Facebook page and/or invite your friends to the hop. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each of your additional entries. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, March 6 2018 on the Paper Wings Productions blog.


I decided to use the large flower from the Flower Power stamp set with some chunky black embossing powder. This super thick embossing powder makes my flower look so shiny and dimensional.

I used two distress inks to create my watercolored background and I just applied them using the packaging technique. I chose two greens to go along with our spring theme :) Normally when I use embossing powder, I use a fine, small paint brush to brush away any extra bits of embossing powder. It gives the embossed image a finished, less messy look. However, since I was using this super thick embossing powder this time, I chose to let the stray bits of embossing powder stay and I kind of like the look they leave.

Here's a final look at my card:


Here is the complete line up just in case you get lost along the way
Ashley - you are here :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING US TODAY!
& Let Your Creativity Take Flight!


supplies
stamp: Paper Wings Productions (flower power)
embossing powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle (EP461 super thick black)
distress inks: Tim Holtz (pine needles; peeled paint)

6 comments:

Dreamers Klub said...

I like the stray embossing spots also. I think it gives it a bit of grunge, but not too much. Nice job!

Giorgia Rossini said...

Beautiful card!

McStamper said...

Love your beautiful project.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the embossed flower! Pretty card!

Jean said...

A gorgeous background and love the embossed flower! Thank you for the inspiration!

vicky's scrapping passion said...

such amazing background. I love how it makes the stamped image shine. tfs