Sunday, April 8, 2018

it's time to celebrate / Lasting Memories guest designer.

Hey guys! I'm back at Lasting Memories sharing the layout I designed for the challenge create your own background.



Recently Indiana passed a law and we can now buy alcohol on Sundays. Yes, I know. Previously you had to plan ahead (!) or go to a restaurant because stores could not sell alcohol on Sundays. We had just returned from vacation in Mexico and were at the grocery store anyway so we bought one single bottle of beer, just to participate in this life changing event. We had plenty of alcohol at home, but we wanted to join in this historical moment.


So I have this Beer stamp set from Kellie's Stamps (I could only find the digital version to link) and I knew I wanted to use it to stamp my background. I pulled out a sheet of white cardstock and used Versafine ink. I arranged all of the stamps onto an acrylic block so I could cover a large area in an shorter amount of time vs stamping each stamp individually all over the page.


Then I chose a few other stamp sets from my stash and did the same thing, but with smaller groupings of stamps. I did use a few individual stamps at the end to help fill in larger white spaces.

This is the first time I've tried something like this and I love the way it turned out. I will definitely be doing this again! I did not do a perfect job, but I covered the worst area up so you don't even know. This is a fantastic way to get more use of your stamps!



A few things I learned...
  • Stamp some of the images off of the page
  • Some white space is OK
  • Do a practice stamp after you put all your stamps on your acrylic block 
  • Stamps can have a difference in thickness & this will affect your stamping if you use them both on the same acrylic block
  • I didn't want to overlap images or use colored inks, but you could totally do either
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you give this technique a try!

supplies
stamps: Elle's Studio (Right Now Sept 2016; Little Moments; Noteworthy March 2016; Live Laugh Love; Yes to This August 2017); Kellie Stamps (Looks like Summer; Beer); Kelly Purkey (Cruise with Me; Spring Break); Studio Calico (July 2013 add on kit)
journal cards: Elle's Studio (Birthday collection)
washi: Elle's Studio (Live Laugh Love)

1 comments:

denise said...

I love your idea with all these stamps on your background! It looks so great!
xx Denise LM DT