Sunday, April 1, 2018

No Worries. Be Happy. / Lasting Memories guest designer.

I'm so excited to be guest designing with Lasting Memories this month! I love their challenges!

To kick off April, our first challenge is to use a new paper technique. I decided to try hand stitching on a background paper... I hope that counts!


This was both harder and easier than I thought and I know that doesn't make sense to anyone else. I think normal people use embroidery floss, but I didn't have any since I've never done hand stitching. I used twine from my stash - two colors because I knew I would run out. I don't know if it didn't take as long as I expected or if just distracted myself by watching You Tube videos while I did it. I'm going to try it again in the future and I think it's something that will get easier with practice.

Using my Silhouette, I cut out this geometric heart and removed the inside pieces. Then I traced it onto my background paper. The pencil lines were a guide for my stitching and after I was done stitching, I erased them.



Everything on my page is from Pink Paislee's Pick Me Up collection - even the cut file is by Paige Evans. Using my Silhouette, I cut out this geometric heart and removed the inside pieces. Then I traced it onto my background paper. The pencil lines were a guide for my stitching and after I was done stitching, I erased them.

I'm the one in the photo, circa early 1980s :)

Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Deanna said...

I love your stitched heart and great work with the Lasting Memories Challenge! :)