I'm playing along today with the May challenge at CSI. I was very inspired by the book in the mood board because I love to read. I decided to pull out some pictures from our last two vacations where I'm reading on the beach.
I wanted to use the Island Escape collection from Bella Blvd, but this patterned paper for my background was too blue and bold. I mixed some white and clear gesso together and smeared it all over the background. I mounted my photos on an orange patterned paper and tried to stick to the colors from the mood board - orange, pink, and yellow.
I adhered some Glitz decorative tape (super old but my favorite!) to the bottom to ground my whole page. Then I started adding embellishments using a visual triangle with the flowers, labels, circles, veneer pieces, and finally with the hearts.
Thanks for looking!
supplies
patterned paper, chipboard, stickers: Bella Blvd (Island Escape)
labels: Elle's Stuio
stamp: Kelly Purkey
wood veneer: Color Cast Designs
gesso: Prima
heart stickers: Bella Blvd
ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
How fun that you had these "reading" photos. They fit the challenge perfectly. Good job using the pattern paper you had and changing it up to better fit the photos. The pre-printed phrases work really well with the theme of your layout. TFS with us at CSI.
Lovely summery page, and the gesso has worked really well to alter your paper to suit, I love the effect it has created. Thanks for playing with us at CSI :o)xx
Perfect photos to scrap for this challenge! I really like all the phrases, and a good idea to add the gesso to the background. Looks sunwashed and beachy!
Post a Comment