Friday, June 1, 2018

Paper Wings Productions: June Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Paper Wing Productions Design Team June Blog Hop & Giveaway!
If you've arrived here from Dana's blog, then you're in the right place. If you’re just stopping by for a visit, please CLICK HERE  to start from the beginning.
The theme for this month is Bright Colors. We hope you will hop through and find inspiration for your own projects. If you complete the hop, you will be eligible to win an awesome prize!
The prize is a $25.00 gift certificate to the Paper Wings Productions online store. For a chance to win all you need to do is:
  • Become a follower of the Paper Wings Productions blog.
  • Visit each of the participating designer's blogs and leave a comment.
  • Leave a comment on the Paper Wings Productions blog telling us you completed the hop.
To increase your chances of winning: like our Facebook page and/or invite your friends to the hop. Be sure to leave a separate comment for each of your additional entries. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 5, 2018 on the Paper Wings Productions blog.

I've chosen two stamp sets to work with this month: Brave Girls and Frothy Concoctions. I realize these are supposed to be iced coffee drinks or some fancy frappuccino thing, but I don't drink those kinds of things. Plus, it's summer and I wanted to make a smoothie or an ice cream shake or something fun like that.


So I stamped my 'smoothies' and heat embossed them with yellow and orange embossing powders. Then I fussy cut them. I chose several yellow and orange distress inks and used the packaging technique to apply color to my smoothies.



I used the same technique on my card background, except that I added a pink ink. I couldn't resist. This color combo screams summer to me!
Make sure to head back to the PWP blog next!
***Here is the complete hop lineup just in case you get lost along the way***
Larissa 
Veronica 
Ashley 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING US TODAY!
&
Let Your Creativity Take Flight!


supplies
stamps: Paper Wings Productions (Brave Girls; Frothy Concoctions)
ink: Tim Holtz Distress inks (Picked Raspberry; Mustard Seed; Spiced Marmalade; Dried Marigold; Wild Honey)
embossing powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle (EP217 Daffodil); Ranger (orange)

7 comments:

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Love the bright, happy colors! Thanks for sharing :)

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute card Ashley! I love your color transfer technique. :)

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Cool cool card. I love the technique and the amazing result. Tfs

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow! What a lovely creation!

Glennis F said...

Very summery!

Sue D said...

So cute and perfect for summer.

Giorgia Rossini said...

Lovely summer project!