Friday, July 27, 2018

July 4th on the water.

Hi! July is almost over so it's time to document last July 4, right? I'm playing along with the Paper Issues Stars and Stripes challenge + The Studio Challenges July challenge to use a big shape on your layout. I chose a heart :) The 4th of July cut file at Paper Issues was perfect for page. This is a FREE cut file and it has SO many sayings and graphics to choose from.

 I started this page with some clear gesso on the white Bazzill cardstock because I knew I wanted to use some red distress ink on my background. I also added some silver splatters because there's silver in the Doodlebug paper I used for the cut files.

My photo is printed with a white border so I mounted it on a red patterned paper to help it stand out. Then I just added some of the extra stars, some puffy stickers, and sequins for some extra details. Thanks for looking!

supplies
cut file: Paper Issues
pattered paper: Doodlebug
ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink (Barn Door); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
mist: Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Tinsel)
puffy stickers: Elle's Studio
stamps: Kellie Winnell (Looks Like Summer); Studio Calico; Elle's Studio (Right Now Sept 2016)

3 comments:

Katy said...

This is such a fun page! I love the big heart and the title! :)

denise said...

What a great cutfile! I love how you used it for your layout! Thanks for joining us at the studio challenges!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is such a great layout! Just love the colours and the way you've done the paint splats - strategically behind the stars! Very eye-catching!
Thanks for joining us at The Studio!