Sunday, September 2, 2018

Anna Maria Island.


In May, my brother and his girlfriend took our mom on vacation with them to Florida. This is one of the photos they snapped on the beach and I had an idea for a cut file I saw at Paper Issues. I wanted to use the photo for the heart in the middle of the geotag; however, I cut my geotag too big and printed my photo too small.

Instead I made a shaker out of the heart using the Sunny Winter sequin mix from Spiegelmom Scraps. I added a couple Elle's Studio acrylic hearts in the middle too.

I'm using the September 1 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy.
My main inspiration for these colors was the July 2018 kit from Elle's Studio. All these calming blues made me think of the ocean.
My title was inspired by the alphabet soup challenge at Paper Issues this month.

Thanks for looking!

supplies
journal cards, die cuts,  puffy stickers: Elle's Studio (July 2018 kit)
patterned paper: Pink Paislee (Pick Me Up)
alaphabet stickers: SN@P! by Simple Stories
cut file: Paper Issues (Let's Go)
washi: Echo Park

9 comments:

Marci said...

I LOVE the heart shaker geotag--a happy "mistake" on your part--it is so eye catching--nice page! thanks for joining us @ LGS!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Love your take on the challenge. The big heart shaker looks awesome. Thanks for joining in with us at Let’s Get Sketchy.

Natsuko said...

Wow! The heart shaker is gorgeous! Beautiful page! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

Bethany.Roisland said...

Whoaaa!! Great trick! Such a fun addition to the layout! Thanks for playing at LGS this month!

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Love the heart shaker! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

craftybyfirna said...

Love the heart shaker! You did great with the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

Deb said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch. Love how you fixed your 'mistake', fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy Deb xx

etsuko kishimura said...

Shaker box is cute! !Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great take on the sketch, love the heart shaker, thank you for joining us at LGS!!