Monday, January 28, 2019

yes, please! [Growing in Unity week]

Hi Unity friends! Today starts my Growing in Unity week and I'm super excited to share these five projects with you this week! My first one is a layout.


One of my tips for stamping directly on your layout is to stamp your image onto scrap paper first. Yes, stamp your image onto scrap paper and then fussy cut it. Then you can place it on your page where you think you want to stamp it. Move it around. Change your mind. This gives you an idea of what the stamped image will look like and how much space it will take up.
Stamping directly on your page is intimidating and I am definitely not an expert. I talked about this before, during my GiU week last year. It's a super helpful tip, especially with red rubber stamps. 

My second tip is to use an ink color similar to your background paper. I know this isn't always easy to do, but if you can plan ahead you can use an ink color that won't stand out as much as says, black ink. That way if you mess up, it's less noticeable.
You can also give heat embossing a try. This is a fun way to add some texture and dimension to your page. Of course, if stamping directly onto your page just isn't your thing, you can always fussy cut your stamped images and add them onto your page as embellishments. That's what I did with this "ticket." What are some ways you incorporate stamping into your pages?

supplies
patterned paper: Bella Blvd (Star Student)
stamps: Unity Stamp Co SMAK kit (Feb 2013 Going Places)
embossing powder: WOW! (Silver Stratosphere); Sparkle N Sprinkle (EP171 black detail)
ink: Tim Holtz distess oxide (Broken China)

26 comments:

Pat said...

This is stunning. I do not do layouts I only make cards, but I could see doing this in a smaller version for a card and using up some scrap paper. Thank you for sharing

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I love using stamps on my layouts too! For titles, journaling, and extra embellishments. And I love to see how others do too. So fun. Thanks for the inspiration! Great layout!

ionabunny said...

Fab layout and great tips. HUgz

Jean said...

Love seeing a layout! THis is gorgeous!

Kelly Moller said...

This is wonderful! I’m a scrapbooker as well as card maker and love to see how people include their stamps on scrapbook pages. You did a great job. Thanks for the inspiration! ❤️

Patti Rosenthal said...

Since I am equipped with my TH stamp positioner, I do not hesitate to stamp directly on a project, although such a practice does not work with a large layout like this.

Wilma DeG said...

YES! I'm a scrapbooker, too (as well as making cards), so I always love to see how others incorporate their stamping on their layouts. You've made a beautiful layout. Thanks for the inspiration & I'm looking forward to the rest of your GIU week!

Katie said...

Great tips and beautiful page

Emily said...

I love this layout and I love using unity in black on craft!!

Rachel Duong said...

I love your scrapbook page. I am excited to try scrapbooking and journaling. Your page really inspires me!

Denise Bryant said...

Great page! Looking forward to the rest of your GIU week posts! Congrats!

Dorothy Green said...

Very nice layout! Thanks for the tips! I haven’t done scrapbooking for awhile but was thinking I should use up some printed pictures.😊

Glennis F said...

Great layout and such a good tip too

Suz said...

What a great layout! I’m a Scrapbooker too. Unity Stamps are so perfect for pages because they’re so big and don’t get lost in the design. Can’t wait to see more this week.

karen adams said...

Nicely done

Pam D said...

Thanks for you wonderful tips. Loved your layout. Looking forward to your posts!

Sweet April said...

Very nice layout, it's so fabulous. Thanks for your tips. Hope you have a wonderful week.

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Perfect travel stamp choices for your layout! Love your paper layering too!

Phaline Mays said...

What a great way to start out your week! I love your layout and your tips are awesome! Looking forward to the rest of the week's projects!
--Phaline Mays

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow thanks for the advice on using unity stamps on layouts. What a great idea

Linda said...

Maybe I should get back in to making layouts! I like that you used stamps on your layout.

Laurel Bisson said...

I have wanted to combine some stamping with my scrapbooking for awhile. The direct stamping on my page has held me up. You have encouraged me to break out of my box and try fussy cutting first. Thank you.

Sue D said...

Great travel layout and I like the tips.

Becca Yahrling said...

What an awesome design! Love this.

NeeterN said...

Nice layout. I love making travel inspired cards & mini albums! Bonus - I have this stamp set!!

Denise S. said...

I love seeing the stamps on scrapbook pages. I rarely scrapbook, but make a ton of cards. Seeing this makes me want to go do some more pages.