I love doing yearly recaps. Every New Year's eve since 2009 I've done a quick little recap on Facebook. Most years I create a recap layout, but I didn't in 2011 & I miss it. So I definitely wanted to do one this year.
I also wanted to try 12x12 layouts this year. I've always scrapped 8.5 x 11 & I love that size but I sometimes have more photos I want to include or wish I had more room to add more journaling & you just struggle with getting that all onto an 8.5 x 11 page sometimes.
So I sat down & decided I was going to make this review page a 12x12. It took me almost two hours (with some distractions) but went fairly well. I don't plan to scrap only 12x12 this year though; I'm open to the idea of having both sizes in my 2013 album. We'll see how it goes :)
For this layout, the background paper is Fancy Pants. The other patterned papers are from the Glitz Design yours truly 6x6 paper pack. I added a strip of Prima cotton tape at the top & used the Prima poppies & peonies mask with Moonlight Glimmer Mist.
The stamp in the middle of the page is from Technique Tuesday simple joy & the ink is walnut stain by Tim Holtz distress ink.
There's a thankful pennant & a spooky tale circle tag from Elle's Studio & some wood veneer states from Studio Calico. I adhered the states with Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive. The letter stickers are Thickers (red) & October Afternoon (grey).
The yellow washi came from Ashley.
For a final touch, I added some crystals by Prima.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Love it! I would really love to get into scrapbooking, I feel like it would be a great way to keep memories to look back on in the future. Happy New Year! :)
Post a Comment