Friday, April 17, 2015

thanking God for you||Scrapping Turtle.

Scrapping Turtle is having a mini crop over at the Turtle Soup forums. My challenge is to use a stamp on your project. Here's my card for the challenge:
First I spread a thin layer of gel medium on my card over a polka dot stencil. After it dried, I started heat embossing with the PWP Mini Flowers stamp set. Then I mixed some gel medium + gelatos to create the darker pink color and stamped a couple of times with the same Mini Flowers stamp set and one of the stamps from the PWP Art Textures stamp set. 

After that, I put the stencil back down on my paper and spritzed some of the Lindy's Stamp Gang over the top. I also added some splatters. The Sunset Pink mist is a very light pink when used alone. Then I heat embossed my sentiment, which was chosen from the PWP Scripture stamp set. Finally I grabbed some of my distress ink mini pads and started blending around the edges of the card.

For the final touches, I added some enamel dots and ribbon. I hope this gives you some inspiration to pull out your stamps and use them on a project for our mini crop!

supplies
stamps: Paper Wings Productions (Mini Flower; Art Textures; Scripture)
inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Spun Sugar; Milled Lavender)
ribbon: American Crafts
embossing powder: ZING! by American Crafts (opaque grapefruit); Ranger Super Fine Detail (silver)
gelato & gel medium: Faber-Castell
enamel dots: Studio Calico
stencil: Prima Marketing (Poppies and Peonies)
mist: Lindy's Stamp Gang (Sweet Treats)